~ Compliance Manager
Interesting role for proven professional
Duties will include:
- Understanding Guernsey regulatory rules and ensuring Guernsey regulations are being followed.
- Taking responsibility for compliance tasks for all entities licensed under the POI Law or the Fiduciaries Law Managing a small KYC/CDD team ensuring AML compliance, assuming the firm’s MLRO function in due course, and organizing appropriate training.
- Managing a small KYC/CDD team ensuring AML compliance, assuming the firm’s MLRO function in due course, and organizing appropriate training.
- Supporting and coordinating all AML efforts within the team’s in Luxembourg, Switzerland and other countries.
- Monitoring, completing checks and updating of regulatory task lists for Guernsey which lists on-going regulatory obligations.
- Liaising with global teams, developing and conducting training on Guernsey specific compliance matters Reviewing, updating and amending existing policies and manuals to ensure compliance with Guernsey legislation Liaising with the GFSC and being the point person for external compliance communications.
- Reviewing, updating and amending existing policies and manuals to ensure compliance with Guernsey legislation.
- Monitoring regulatory changes, leading responses to changes to regulations and keeping up to date with regulatory developments of the GFSC rules and guidance.
- Working closely with the other compliance officers around the globe and ad-hoc support as required by the Head of Compliance Europe and Asia.
For this challenging position our client is looking for a compliance officer (preferably a lawyer with 5 years+ PQE) with extensive compliance and AML/KYC experience. Experience with GFSC rules, including AML rules, or detailed knowledge of a similar regulatory regime is important.
Strong analytical skills, goal oriented and able to manage and collaborate to effectively implement new procedures. Excellent English skills are essential.
The position will be based in Guernsey but travel to Switzerland and occasionally London and Luxembourg is expected.