~ Officer – Accounting Team Funds
Excellent opportunity with supportive Fund Client :
- Prepare financial statements for fund structures in an efficient and timely manner and in accordance with accepted accounting and auditing standards and internal policies and procedures.
- Liaise with auditors ensuring that financial statements are finalised and distributed within the required deadlines.
- Assist the Fund Accounting Associate Director as and when required and provide supporting cover
- Assist with development and automation of system processes and implement procedural changes necessary for continued growth of the department and enhancing operating efficiencies.
Duties to include:
- Prepare financial statements for all fund companies, unit trusts and private equity structures in accordance with accepted accounting and auditing standards and internal policies and procedures.
- In cases where the accounting function is out-sourced, perform a period review/audit of the information provided and review financial statements, ensuring that they have been prepared in accordance with industry standards and the requirements of Guernsey law.
- Maintain & enhance relationships with existing clients and intermediaries and where necessary assist with the on-boarding of new business.
- Supervise and develop a team of administrators/senior administrators, provide support and guidance in all aspects of fund accounting and assist with the delivery of timely performance appraisals and setting of appropriate objectives.
- Production of comprehensive accounting working papers for audit purposes.
- Liaise with auditors and external service providers.
- Ensure procedures are completed with regard to finalising and approval of financial statements, including processing any closing entries to ensure that the accounting ledgers are accurately maintained.
- Maintain and develop expertise and provide advice to clients, demonstrating judgement and understanding of the business.
- Ensure timely and accurate client deliverables.
- Assist with the development and possible automation of processes and implementation of procedural changes necessary for continued growth of the team and enhancing operating efficiencies.
- Provide supporting cover for Accounting Associate Director’s duties and responsibilities during times of absence.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of industry & regulatory requirements.
Call Sandra for further information.