~ Technical Analyst
This role would ideally suit someone with at least two years experience working within a Technical role with good problem solving skills. There is a requirement that the successful candidate be flexible enough to travel to other offices within the UK firm during the working week.
- First line software and hardware support to customers both office based and remote, including proactive advice and training.
- Daily administration and backup of Windows 2000/2003 fileservers and local network infrastructure.
- Daily maintenance of the IT fixed asset register.
- Installation, configuration and administration of desktop and laptop PC’s, printer hardware, telephones, mobility devices (Windows Mobile & Blackberry) and remote tools.
- Cable management – physical and admin.
- Travel to other UK offices to provide holiday/sickness cover.
- Emphasis on taking initiative whilst following procedures and working with systems and processes.
- Responsible for providing an extremely high level customer focused On-site support service to all members of the firm.
- Liaison with the Regional On-site Services Manager on specific issues when necessary.
- Regular liaison with internal and external technical and network engineers when necessary.
- Regular liaison with Hardware Maintenance Company to ensure that equipment is repaired in accordance with the maintenance agreement.
Applicants should have a knowledge and understanding of the following key applications: –
- Microsoft Windows XP, Vista and Win7.
- Microsoft Office 2003, 2007 and 2010 including Outlook.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6, 7 and 8
To qualify you must also have:
- Five GCSE’s and at least two years work experience in IT in a customer facing, ‘on site’ support role or service desk role.
- Communications and Team Working Skills.
- Relationship Management Skills.
- Marketing and Selling Skills
- Problem Solving Skills.
Call Sandra for further details.