~ Underwriter Administrative Assistant
Role will cover :
- To assist the underwriters in their responsibilities in relation to the Clerical aspect of the underwriting role. Involving, collation and recording of key information, ensuring this is forwarded appropriately and onwards supervision of ‘Work in Progress’.
- To assist both underwriters and brokers in preparation, production and dispatch of Policy Certificates and associated documentation.
- To help in ensuring that the office filing system (electronic and manual) is up to date and that sensitive documents are filed securely as well as providing filing assistance to others when necessary.
- To assist the Directors and Underwriters with their many and varied responsibilities.
- To deal enthusiastically with clients, intermediaries and service providers both remotely and in person.
You will need:
- Excellent working knowledge of Word and working knowledge of Excel along with good experience working with Database applications (Access preferable).
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well within a team and be flexible enough to maintain high quality work in a changing environment.
- High quality administrative and organizational skills with the ability to work unsupervised and under own initiative.
- The ability to work effectively and accurately whilst under pressure and to take responsibility when necessary.
- The scope to gain a good knowledge and awareness of the professional services and the practicalities and nuances involved.
- Ability to keep clear and concise records.
- Good numeracy skills are essential.